About the faculty
- Highly Qualified and Well-Experienced Faculties
- Well equipped Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Machine Rooms
- Central Instrumentation Facility
- Dedicated & Experienced Laboratory Staff
- Full-fledged Library with e-journals and books
- Well Organized Computer Center
- Special Focus on Industrial Visits
- State of the art herbal garden & aromatic plants
- Animal House Facility ( Under process, ready for final approval)
- Food and Drug Administration
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Public Health Service
- Armed Forces
- National Institutes of Health
- Teaching profession and administrative careers at leading colleges and universities.
- Many other government agencies.
- Research and development (R&D)
- Testing of medications in humans and animals (Clinical Trials)
- Production systems
- Sales and management
- Production chemist
- Production manager
- Officer, executive, manager, Director, President, Vice-president
- Other opportunities in production of herbal & ayurvedic preparations and veterinary products as well as bulk drugs and cosmetics.
- To select the medications in the hospital for use, dispense prescription drugs, and handle special products like radioactive medicines, artificial kidney, fluid and plastic inserts.
- Many hospital-based pharmacists also are administrators and influential members of important committees.
- for safe and efficient dispensing of prescription medications
- advising patients on proper prescription
- over-the counter non-prescription medication use
- keeping records of patients and their health, illness, and medications etc
- Pharmaceutical marketing
- Area manager
- Regional sales managers
- Zonal sales managers etc
- Regulatory Affairs
- Market Surveys & Sales Promotion
- Analytical Series
- Manufacturing Processes
- Turn Key Projects
- Data Management
- Information Retrieval
India is producing many pharmacy graduates. Qualified pharmacy professionals have been in demand by many foreign countries like U.S.A., European Countries, Canada, African Countries, South East Asian Countries, Gulf Countries, and the Australian continent like New Zealand. A registered pharmacist earns very high salary and respect in developed countries.
|B. Pharm.||4 Yrs.||10+2 (PCM/PCB/Biotech) with 45 % for General Category & 40 % for SC, ST & OBC|
|B.Pharm.(IInd year Lateral entry)||3 Yrs.||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|D.Pharmacy||2 Yrs.||10+2 (PCM/PCB) with 45% for General Category & 40% for SC, ST & OBC|
Achievements Of The Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi Sponsored National Conference On “Innovation In Alternative To Animal Experimentation----From Drug Discovery To Drug Delivery” (IAAE-DDDD-2015) is going to be organized by the Department of Pharmacy on 21st-22nd August 2015. The programme is also supported by the Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS) As a part of India Pharmacology – Initiative Program (IP-IP).
- Founder batch Students of B.Pharmacy of AKSU went on One Day Educational Cum Industrial Visit to Guapha Pharmaceuticals, Jabalpur (MP) on 27th June 2015.
- One Day Certificate training programme was organized by the Department of Pharmacy in Association with APTI-MP state Branch on “Scope and Potential After Pharmacy: a Galaxy of Job Opportunities and Careers” on 28th February 2015.
- Two Day National Workshop was organized by the Department of Pharmacy on “Role of Intellectual Property in Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry” on 22nd-23rd November 2014.
- Art of living course (Part-I) was organized by the Department of Pharmacy for the students of Pharmacy for a period of one Week (06 Days) from 10th-15th November 2014.
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day) was celebrated by the Department of Pharmacy on the Occasion of Birthday anniversary of Late Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel on 31st October 2014.
- P. Council of Science & Technology, Bhopal Sponsored National level seminar was organized by the Department of Pharmacy on Emerging Trends & Applications of Herbal Technology on 10-11th August 2013.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi Sponsored National level Seminar was organized by the Department of Pharmacy onRecent Trends In Drug Discovery & Research on 30th September 2012.
- Students of B.Pharmacy first batch went on educational trip to Deendayal Research Institute (DRI), Chitrakoot.
- Various health awareness camps are being organized by the pharmacy department in the university campus like
- Various health days are being celebrated by the department like
- health awareness day,
- blood group checkup,
- blood pressure checkup,
- hemoglobin checkup,
- dental checkup,
- eye checkup etc.
- Hemophilia day etc.
- Distribution of Iron folic acid tablet was done to students of AKS university by Department of Pharmacy (under scheduled government programme).
- Welcome party is being organized for new comers of department.
- There is a regular scheduled provision of sports for students in the department.
- Various PG projects are being carried out
- Formulation and evaluation of cream incorporating neem extract.
- Development of poly herbal formulation with enhanced antimicrobial and wound healing potential.
- Formulation and standardization of Ayurvedic vati from kwath.
- Comparative study on effect of superdisintegrant in Formulation of Ayurvedic Churna tablet.
- Free Health checkup camp was organized at “Kisan Mela 2014”