Course Offered by the faculty
|M.S.W. (Master of Social Work)||2 Yrs.||Graduate any stream|
|B.A. (Computer Application)||3 Yrs.||10+2 in any stream|
|B.A. (Fashion Design)||3 Yrs.||10+2 in any stream|
Master of Social Work (MSW)
The Master of Social Work degree program, offered by the Department of Social Work, AKS university, attests to the graduate’s preparation for social work practice and achievement of a level of competence sufficient to serve as a basis for a professional career. The MSW degree prepares graduates for advanced and direct social work practice with field education. Our field education program offers unique concurrent field work, block placement and summer internship opportunities allowing students to choose from a multitude of diverse populations with whom to work. Each year the MSW program admits approximately 60 students.
Social work is a Professional and academic discipline that seeks to improve the quality of life and subjective well-being of individuals, groups, and communities through research, policy, community organizing, direct practice, crisis, and teaching for the benefit of those affected by social disadvantages such as poverty, mental and physical illness or disability, and social injustice, including violations of their civil liberties and human rights.
- Social work is a dynamic, changing and challenging profession with a vast range of career options and rich opportunities for deep personal job satisfaction. Professional social workers are experts who help people cope with complex interpersonal and social problems and obtain the resources they need to live with dignity. At the same time, the social worker is also committed to making society more responsive to people's needs.
- Wherever there are people, there are social workers. A useful way to see the social worker's role is as "the professional in the middle". On the one side are the individual families; on the other, the community and its resources. The social worker weaves back and forth between the two--assessing, understanding, developing relationships, mobilizing and initiating/helping people build their own lives and helping the community create and deliver the services and supports that many people sometimes need.
- Social work's historic mission has been helping the disadvantaged, those who have been excluded from participation in the ideal of a just and equitable society. But the contemporary social worker also assists people from all walks of life--rich and poor, black and white, young and old. No matter what the political climate or the nature of personal and social problems, there will always be a need for social workers because there will inevitably be people in need of assistance.
- Professional social workers deal with social issues and problems and work in such areas as local self governance, rural development, development of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, welfare of the persons with disabilities (both mental & physical), women and children, care for the aged, sex and child abuse, correctional administration, public health, drug addiction, poverty and unemployment, slum improvement, conflict-resolution, family & marriage counseling, labour welfare and the like.
- The Alumni of the Department are currently well placed in prestigious state and national level NGOs and Industrial Establishments like National Rural Health Mission and NREGA Programme, URMUL, NRLM, etc.
Jobs in Government Sector and non Government Sector
- Correction Cells
- Counseling Centers
- Disaster Management Department
- Education Sector
- Gender Issues Associations or Groups
- Health Industry
- Human Rights Agencies
- Mental Hospitals
- Natural Resources Management Companies