The AKS University is the first University in the county to introduce B.Tech. in Cement Technology to fulfil the requirements of the cement and construction sectors. The course content is designed with consultation of a gamut of experts from the R&D institution, technocrat and academicians. As per the present day technological advancement, the requirement of the Indian Cement Industry has been taken care of. To fulfil the need for supervisory level in the cement industry the University is also offering 3 years Diploma in Cement Technology.
The key feature of the B.Tech. Cement Technology course structure, the simulator-based training is the part of the curriculum besides the rigorous industrial in-plant training. The syllabus is incorporated the present-day frontline areas of the cement manufacturing process technology such as use of Alternate Fuel and Raw Materials (AFR) including low grade limestone, Waste Heat Recovery (WHR) in Cement Manufacturing Process, Energy efficiency in Cement Manufacture, Manufacturing of Low carbon Cements & Geoplymeric Cement, Design of Green Cement Plant, etc.
B.Tech cement technology
Diploma cement technology
- The department has well-furnished lecture rooms with audiovisual system
- There are demonstrative, hands-on training lab for the students
- The University in Process for the establishment of a NABL accredited state-of-the-art Testing and calibration laboratory for cement and building materials
- Passed out students are working in the large cement plants
- Department is conducting training for the Cement officials which is highly appreciated by the plants ( M/s Prism Cement Ltd, M/ UltraTech Cement Ltd, M/s KJs Cement Ltd etc)
- Department represents the International Seminar on cement & Building Materials, published a paper and also the director of the department conduct some of the technical session as Chairman
- The director is the member of the BIS Code committee for the development of the national code on cement and building materials
The self-funded research projects of the department are as under :
- Study on use of low grade and high MgO limestone in cement manufacture
- Maximization of fly ash in production of Portland Pozolana Cement
- Alternate Fuel and Raw Materials for cement manufacture
The department is closely associated with Cement Manufacturer Association of India (CMA) and National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) on various activities.
With the association of the cement plant, the department is organizing training for the unskilled worker on Portland Cement Manufacturing Technology as a step towards the Skill India mission of Govt. of India.
Future in Cement Technology must see this video.