The Department of Physics was established as a fully-fledged, self-supporting post-graduate and research department in 2012. The Department offers M.Sc. (Physics) and Ph.D. programs. The Department of Physics has been exerting a major thrust in research and innovative teaching.
The academic program of this department has been designed to meet the requirement of the latest technological developments and envisages to become state-of-the-art department with high quality education and cutting edge interdisciplinary research in Physical Science.
|B. Sc. in PCM/PMCS with 45% or equivalent or Physics is one of the major Subject in graduation or B.Tech./B.E. with only Electrical Engg./ Electronic Engg./Mechanical Engg./Computer Science Engg. can also apply|
Ph.D. (Full-time & Part-time)
M.Sc. in Physics or equivalent with minimum 55% in post graduate program.
- The Appreciation was extended as the best equipped lab by Expert committee of UGC during University Inspection Sep. 2014.
- Department of Physics organized an Interactive workshop on General Science for school students, which received grand success and 1500+ students participated in this workshop.
- Student Desk:
- A National level scientific fest “SINGULARITY18”, Students won the First Prize in Event “Domino Effect” organized by IISER, Bhopal during 05-07 Oct. 2018.
- Selection of students for Inspire Scholarship award (2018).
- A National level scientific fest “SINGULARITY16”, Students won the Third Prize in Event “Domino Effect” organized by IISER, Bhopal during 2-5 Sep. 2016.
- A National level Technical fest “Pravega17”, Students won the Second Prize in Events “Molecular Moral” organized by IISc, Bangalore during 18-21 Jan 2017.
- A National level scientific fest “SINGULARITY17”, Students won the Second Prize in Event “Domino Effect” and Third Prize: Shark Tank, organized by IISER, Bhopal during 13-15 Oct. 2017.
- A technical fest “SIGMA’17” organized by the students under the guidance of faculty members received great success, 2017.
- National level Sports Activities: Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Balibal etc.
Students Training/Scientific Visit
- Shivani Singh Parihar (Student of M.Sc. Physics, 2nd Sem), Presented a Paper in National Conference on Recent Trends in Space Science and Nano Materials (NCRTSSNM-2018) held on 26-27 Jan 2018 at APS University, Rewa (M.P.).
- Anamika Mishra (Student of M.Sc. Physics, 2nd Sem), Presented paper in National Conference on Recent Trends in Space Science and Nano Materials (NCRTSSNM-2018) held on 26-27 Jan 2018 at APS University, Rewa (M.P.).
- Five students attended a National Workshop on Advanced Research Instrumentation Techniques In Materials Science (Aritms-2018) at St. Aloysius' College, Jabalpur during Jan 2018.
- “BHARAT SHIKSHA RATAN AWARD” with GOLD MEDAL will be awarded by the Society of Global Achievers Foundation in the seminar on National Economic Growth & Social Development at New Delhi (2019).
- BEST TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD was given by AKS University, Satna on the occasion of Founders day dated 12 December 2018.
- Neelesh Rai attended International conferences and visited Educational Institutions in Japan on June 2013 and in Singapore on July 2014.
- He received financial assistance by DST & MPCST for attending above International events.
- Neelesh Rai’s research paper has been awarded as the best paper at National seminar on recent advances in Polymer Science & Technology (PST-13) held on 4-6 Jan. 2013 at Institution of Engineers, M.P. State Centre, Bhopal.
- Neelesh Rai, Presented paper in National Conference on Recent Trends in Space Science and Nano Materials (NCRTSSNM-2018) held on 26-27 Jan 2018 at APS University, Rewa (M.P.).
- Lovely Singh, International workshop on Opto-electronics at IIT Kanpur 2017.
Physics labs provide opportunities to the students to learn the concepts of physics by performing experiments. Three basic Labs for different courses Physics Lab-I and Physics Lab-II are being offered to undergraduate students and one lab for postgraduate students. The experiments were chosen to cover the wide spectrum of Physics viz wave optics, electricity & magnetism, radiations, dielectrics, magnetic materials, semiconductors, optical fibers, laser, properties of matter, thermodynamics, electronics, spectroscopy etc.
- Organized a Mega Technical Fest “SIGMA 17” to instill the technical skills in students dated Feb. 2017.
- Students activities such as essay writing, quiz, Rangoli and Poster Presentation competition on Feb. 2015.
- National Science day Celebration Program on 27-28 Feb. 2016.
- Invited lecture has been delivered by Prof. R.A. Singh, Department of Physics, Dr. Hari Singh University, Sagar during 2014 on the occasion of National Science Day 2014
- Invited lecture has been delivered by Aakash Narayan, Osmania University, Hyderabad “Formation of Stars and Their Life” 2018
- Invited lecture has been delivered by Amit Singh & Brijendra Semwal, Skill India, New Delhi.
One project Entitled “DEVELOPMENT OF NANO COMPOSITE POLYMER GEL ELECTROLYTES AND THEIR NANO FIBERS FOR ELECTROCHEMICAL DEVICE APPLICATIONS” has been submitted to INSA for financial assistance.